The GolfSchool considers that protecting the personal information on its clients is extremely important and therefore we acknowledge that you have an interest in how we collect, use and share such information. For that reason we have prepared this statement, the intention of which is to inform you of how we use and protect that information.
- To ensure that data is obtained and processed fairly and lawfully.
- To keep and process personal information only for legitimate purposes outlined in this document.
- Not to disclose personal information without the permission of the individual to which it relates except in limited circumstances as permitted, or required by law.
- To maintain appropriate procedures to ensure that personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
- Where we choose to have certain services provided by third parties, we will do so in accordance with current legislation and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the practices employed by that provider protect personal information.
- To maintain the technical and organisational safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Not to sell personal information.
- To undertake not to transfer personal data outside the European economic area without ensuring adequate security and protection systems are in place.
What Information Is Stored:
Information held about a Member will include:
Contact details (home and work), Mobile number, e-mail address, language, gender, birthday, VAT number, bank number, employment history, tournament history, bank account information, details of any disciplinary matters, qualifications, annual Seminar attendance record, CPD Points/Classification, Advanced Programme Assignment marks and prior learning accreditation information (where provided);
Any Child Protection Information: including complaints, investigative and proceedings information. This information will not be stored on the computerised database, but will be paper-based and kept securely by the PGA of Belgium and will only be made available to bona fide investigating officers including the Police and/or Social Services.
What The Information Is Used For:
The information is used for administration purposes: including contacting clients, invoicing of payments and the mailing out of the client e-mail newsletters.
Where The Information Is Stored:
All client records are securely stored within the; manual records are kept in filing cabinets and computer held records are password controlled.
How Long The Information Will Be Kept:
Information pertinent to current clients is retained on record for an indefinite period to enable suitable references to be offered.
Who Has Access To The Data:
All relevant administration and executive staff have access to the data; this is by way of a specific user name and password that allows the member of staff access to the database.
The Data Protection Act provides for you to have access to your own personal information. On submission of a written request to the Director of Teaching you will be supplied with a copy of the personal data from your personal file. He will respond to such requests within 30 days.
Portrait rights at are by default assigned to the GolfSchool. If you do not wish that pictures, video, etc. are used on social media, please contact the Director of Golfschool prior to your first meeting.